No Straining Required! Making your own milk is MUCH easier than you think. If you’re looking for a great non-dairy recipe for your healthy lifestyle, then this is for you. Not only is it a time-saver, it’s also better for the environment, cost-efficient, nutrient-dense, and DELICIOUS!
24 – 32 oz purified water
1 cup cashews, soaked
1/4 tsp himalayan salt
1. Soak unsalted, unroasted preferably raw cashews in purified water for a minimum of two hours to a maximum of overnight.
2. Strain and rinse the cashews before using and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Pro trick: if you forget to soak your cashews, soak them in very warm water to reduce soaking time
4. For a creamier consistency blend the cashews with only 24 oz of purified water. For a more milk-like consistency, blend with 32 oz of purified water.
5. Add in himalayan salt and blend on high until a very creamy consistency is achieved. With a high speed blender and proper soaking times, no straining should be required with the cashews.
You can also play around with some natural colors to brighten things up and add some more health benefits while you’re at it.
1 tsp pink pitaya powder for pink
1 tsp spirulina powder for green
1 tsp blue majik powder for Blue
This will keep in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a week.
Let us know what your favorite non-dairy milk is, and don’t forget to save this recipe so you can find it later!